This article is archived from the originalthemainmuseum.org
Star Montana (1987) is a photo-based artist who lives and works in Los Angeles, CA. She was born and raised in the Boyle Heights neighborhood of East Los Angeles, which is predominantly Mexican American and serves as the backdrop to much of her work. Star’s imagery deals with class, social environment, and identity within the personal, her family.
For more photography guides check out these articles
- Best DSLR Shoulder Rig
- Best Lens for Product Photography
- Best Camera for Concert Photography
- Best Camera for Night Photography
- Best Camera for Food Photography
- Best Camera for Nature Photography
- Best Camera with Flip Screen
- Best Camera with Mic Input
Three dots and Tear drops: a long term project with her family that has dealt with fragmented histories, loss, and the hope of the next generation was recently on view at the Vincent Price Art Museum and the UCLA Chicano Studies Research Center. More recently, she has begun to work on her themes within a larger scope of Los Angeles residents via portraiture and video. Montana received her BFA from the School of Visual Arts in 2013.