Properly cleaning your lenses is important so if you’ve never done it before read on for the simple step by step guide. To clean the camera lens, you need to use a lens cloth. You can get these at most photography stores or just keep in mind that it’s nothing more than a dry microfiber cloth with nylon bristles on the ends.
Why You Need To Clean Your Camera Lens
There are many reasons why you should clean your camera lens. If you have a lot of dust or dirt on your lens, this will make it hard to take pictures and it can cause harm to the lens. Also, if there is a lot of dirt on the lens and you try to clean it off with a wet cloth, then the dirt and water could damage the interior lining of the camera.
How Long Does It Take To Clean A Lens?
It usually takes a few minutes to clean your lenses. The best way to do it is to wipe the lens in circular motions until it is shiny and clean. You can also use a special cleaner if you have some, but this is optional.
Step By Step Guide To Clean A Lens
- Get your lens cloth and take the lens cap off the camera.
- Take off the lens and then put it in the microfiber cloth. Make sure that you are always putting the lens back in with its front side facing outwards. This helps to prevent damage to the inside of your camera because you won’t be able to see where you are putting it in.
- Then, you need to use circular motions with the microfiber cloth over the lens until it is clean again.
- Once it is clean, put the lens back on the camera and make sure that the lens cap still fits securely over your camera and the lens. If your lens cap doesn’t fit on, make sure to adjust it so that it will fit properly before you take pictures again. This step helps to prevent dust from getting into the camera.
- After this, you can take some photographs in the field or if you are at home, try taking photos with your friends and family with this knowledge in mind!
Types Of Lenses That Need Cleaning
Really any lens will need to be cleaned periodically. Here is a list of lenses you need to clean if you own.
Cleaning your lens should be a regularly scheduled activity. With care your lenses can last you a lifetime and cleaning them is an important part of that care.