If you are considering purchasing the Speedball Artista Pottery Wheel, this review will let you know it it will meet your needs.
- This wheel is able to hold 10 lbs of clay which is about the maximum you can comfortably work with on this wheel.
- The slim-line footprint makes this pottery wheel a great choice for cramped spaces, like a dorm room or small apartment, and it’s low center of gravity makes it very stable for those high-speed throws.
- This pottery wheel has a tilted back-swing design that lets you express yourself through freehand clay work.
- The double treadle action helps you stay in a comfortable position as you throw and shape your clay. The slow-start feature gives you more control during the start of the throwing process, which is great for beginning and seasoned potters alike.
5 . The wheel has a high-torque motor that will support 10 lbs of clay.
- It has a variable speed control (0 – 1000 rpm) that gives you the freedom to match the speed to fit your needs.
- The geared headstock and spindle bearings ensure long-lasting performance and stability.
- The slip-clutch mechanism gives you greater control over your clay as you work with it at high speeds, and the low-voltage system design is safe for both you and your work space.
Who Is It For
This pottery wheel is perfect for anyone with a small space to work in, who loves making their own pottery. It offers great performance for the student and beginner as well as the experienced artist looking for a compact home use wheel.
What We Love About It
We love that this wheel is easy to assemble and offers easy control. It’s a great pottery wheel for anyone who wants to get started making their own pottery at home.
What Should Be Improved
If you are looking for a pottery wheel that gives you full control, this one is a great choice. It would be nice if it came with some basic tools like the hook tool and clay roller, but they can easily be purchased separately.
How Did It Perform?
This pottery wheel gave us the most control of any other home wheel we have used, which is great for beginners and pros alike. It’s also very easy to assemble, take apart, and clean. We also love how light it is, as it makes this pottery wheel great for small spaces where you want to use it. Overall we think this pottery wheel is a great choice for anyone who wants to make their own pottery at home.
If you are looking for a pottery wheel with full control, this is a great choice.
It can take some time to figure out how to set up this pottery wheel the very first time and how to get the most out of it, but once you do you will be able to make amazing projects. The only thing we don’t love is that this wheel comes with very basic tools but you can snag more to go along with it at a reasonable price.